What are AMC?DIGITAL WAVES – ACTIVELY MANAGED CERTIFICATES
Making innovative assets accessible & empowering investments into the global future economy
Currently, there are multiple ways to make special assets bankable and accessible to investors. Traditionally, an asset manager would seek individuals or institutions to invest directly into your company, real estate, or any other chosen asset. You can transfer your assets to a regulated investment vehicle, like a fund, or in the case of a company, lists as shares them publicly.
Those options are expensive, restricted by regulations and inflexible. They are generally also not suitable for assets such as shares of young, yet disruptive startups, tokens of the latest Decentralized Finance (Defi) projects, future earnings of profitable solar power plants, a comprehensive art collection or the mezzanine financing of a real estate project, just to name a few.
These are the innovative assets that Digital Waves makes available to investors in the form of AMC via an issuing platform for structured investment products. Issuance platform of the next generation:
Actively Managed Certificates (AMC) have seen a strong growth trajectory in recent years and are hailed for their flexibility and cost-efficiency. But what are possible use cases for AMC and how do they work?
AMCs are securities with an International Securities Identification Number (ISIN), which can hold as underlying almost any kind of assets. The ISIN makes them accessible to qualified, institutional, and professional investors through their deposit at a bank. Unlike other investment products, AMCs can be launched for a wide range of investment strategies in a matter of weeks with almost negligible issuance costs for the asset manager. AMCs also offer ongoing cost benefits through their efficient management and are readily available at low minimum ticket sizes for investors.
Every asset manager, together with Digital Waves, may define the composition of underlying and the strategy for the product. Therefore, the asset manager, together with Digital Waves, may at any point in time add or remove certain underlying from the Certificate. Next, this portfolio is structured, turned into a certificate, and subsequently launched by the issuance platform. In doing so, the underlying assets are transferred to the issuance platform and the custodian of choice, then certificates will be issued to the investors in proportion to the volume of capital subscribed to the AMC.
Disclosure: AMCs do not constitute collective investment schemes within the meaning of the Swiss Federal Act on Collective Investment Schemes ("CISA") and are therefore neither governed by the CISA nor subject to the supervision by the Swiss Financial Market Supervisory Authority ("FINMA").
Learn more about AMC.
Issuance platform of the next generation:
In a nutshell, Digital Waves' issuance platform provides an easy setup with quick time to market, cost-efficiency, daily secondary market, a Swiss paying agent, a Swiss Securities identifier Number (ISIN) as well as the highest possible control and freedom of choice of involved parties.
- Swiss paying agent and Swiss ISIN number
- Assets held off-balance sheet
- No counterparty risk of the product itself. Free choice of custodians and brokers, separated from the issuer
- Issuance platform guarantees simple product set up with a streamlined process, financial engineering, and controlling
- Daily liquidity possible and unlimited rebalancing, free choice of denomination and wide range of reference currencies, open or closed-end maturity
- Cost efficiency and transparency
- For Qualified Investors and for certain products also retail distribution
- Possibility of track record
- Set-up, structuring, issuance, and maintenance of financial product including lifecycle management
- Factsheet, term sheets, and documentations
- Accounts at paying agents, custodians and brokers, also for special assets
- Providing a Swiss ISIN
- Charge of performance and management fees and distribution thereof
- Fully transparent cost structure and reporting
Interested? Simply reach out to us!